We continue to walk with customers, farmers, and local businesses while respecting the nature and culture of Hawaii.
We make craft sake from Hawaii to the world with Aloha.
ISLANDER SAKE BREWERY HAWAII
Legacy of Japanese Immigrants
in Sake BrewingHAWAII x JAPAN
2018 marks the 150th anniversary since the arrival of the first Japanese immigrants in Hawaii.
The Japanese cleared up the sugar cane field and cooperated with historical Hawaiian companies and indigenous Hawaiians, and they have created a sugar industry.
Their efforts have become the cornerstone of good relationship between Hawaii and Japan, which continues to this day.
The history of sake making in Hawaii has exceeded for more than a century.
Sake was not only for remembering home but also to reduce fatigue and creating motivation to continue the hard work.
In the peak period, there were 10-brewing-companies in Hawaii but only one Sake brewery remained after the World WarⅡ.
In 1954, the only existed brewery, Honolulu Sake & Ice Company received reliable researcher from the Japanese government.
The researcher, Mr. Takao Nihei, discovered new brewing technique under the hot climate and contributed to the quality improvement of Hawaiian sake for 30 years.
The company was closed down in 1986.
Although commercial brewing business in Hawaii was not conducted thereafter, Mr. Nihei's techniques are widely used at sake breweries in Japan today.
We are proud of the difficulty of Japanese sake brewing by the predecessors under the tropical climate and the passion to overcame it.
In 2018, we established new craft sake brewery in the beautiful islands of Hawaii.
We make craft sake using highly evolved brewing technique with long history of local Japanese sake and spirits of Aloha.
Resume Sake Making
Hawaii’s Only Sake BreweryThe unique local Hawaiian Sake and related beverages available to everyone.
People in Hawaii have digested and absorbed various cultures of other countries and created them as Hawaiian culture.
The Aloha shirt, the Loco Moco, and the bon dance are things that were brought from Japan to Hawaii and evolved on their own.
There are abundant nature’s pristine water in Hawaii. We use volcano, mountain spring, and deep sea waters with many agricultural crops to deliver very best sake.
Sake brewing also crosses the sea to a new stage in Hawaii x Japan.
We are bringing the best sake making techniques developed by Brew Masters in Japan to Hawaii, and we intend to make Hawaii strong with long history and deep relationships to a society that will withstand the next 150 years.
- We will bring the latest and best technology we know now, continue making further technology development, we will make sake that is loved by the people of Hawaii.
- Through sake brewing business, we intend to strengthen the ties of interaction on the islands of Hawaii and the reinforcement of Aloha spirit.
- Actively educating young people on the island sake brewing and crop production, and provide daily safe working condition for local workers.
- We will contribute to society in cooperation with the local communities and organizations, and will transform Hawaii into a place that is pleasant for people to live in.
- In addition to Japanese sake brewery, we will exchange information with the world's sake breweries including the continental United States, and we will do our best to develop the beverage brewing industry.
- Business Name
- United Sake Co. Ltd.,
dba Islander Sake Brewery Hawaii
- Primary Address
- 753 Queen St. Honolulu 96813
- (808) 517-8188
- Year Established
- Distribution Area
- Mainly in the Hawaiian Islands
Continental United States, Japan, Asia
- Group affiliate
- United Sake Consulting
Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo
PHONE : (03) 6833-0133
- Email us